Thursday, November 29, 2007

Phone

I love the days when everyone uses pagers. It's such an efficient way of communication. Nowadays most people depend on voicemail, which is usually free with mobile phone contracts.

I haven't used voicemail for ages. I use a caller screening program on my Nokia phone to sort out which are the calls I want to receive at a particular time. All the calls which aren't received are automatically directed to my Telecom Digital pager account, and they transcribe the message into an SMS. It's a flat rate of $68/month, or $28 if you use their mobile phone as well. The good thing is that even if you're overseas, there is no surcharge.

I also followed this guide to setup a free US phone number/ voicemail to email account. Still haven't figured out how I'd use that number though ;P

No comments: